Women's Services Outpatient Clinic
Well Woman screening is a health check designed for women that is highly effective in picking up the warning signs of a number of conditions at the earliest opportunity, including cervical cancer and breast disease.
HCA hospitals regularly perform Well Woman health screening, which includes a cervical smear, blood pressure and weight check, breast check, breast awareness teaching, cholesterol blood test, urine analysis and a medical history. It also gives patients the opportunity to talk with a doctor about their general health and any concerns. We recommend having a Well Woman health screening once a year.
When you have a Well Woman health screening at one of our hospitals:
- screening is discreet and you may choose to be seen by a female doctor, although all of our doctors who undertake Well Woman screenings are experts in women’s health
- additional tests may be carried out on request
- we offer rapid referral to diagnostic services when cancer is suspected
- consultants who have held or currently hold posts at top NHS teaching hospitals have helped us develop our health screens for both individual and corporate customers, meaning HCA can offer the latest techniques and highest standards of assessment
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. Over the last 10 years we have invested £500 million in the latest treatments, technology and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds around the clock than any other private healthcare group in the UK, while some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments