Spinal disc surgery
If you require surgery following a slipped disc, which is a common cause of back and leg pain, a spinal surgeon who specialises in prolapsed discs will undertake the delicate operation.
We are the first private hospital group in the UK to offer you a new treatment called keyhole endoscopic spine surgery, which takes approximately an hour and is performed through a cut no bigger than a needle puncture. The procedure requires no stitches, and you should be able to walk immediately afterwards and return home within two hours.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive.
When you have spinal disc surgery at one of our hospitals:
- you will benefit from the latest cutting-edge developments in neurosurgery, undertaken by an experienced spinal surgeon
- the procedure will be conducted in a dedicated spinal unit, where neuro and orthopaedic surgeons work together to provide exceptional spinal care
- you will have access to the latest neuroscience technology, including CT and MRI imaging, and benefit from the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment techniques
- respected specialists will use the most up-to-date techniques in pain medicine to aid your recovery
In terms of value for your money, we cannot be beaten. With us you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
You’ll be treated by the country's top consultants working with the most current treatments and cutting-edge technologies in superior facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive. As a guide, an initial consultation to clarify your condition and discuss the best course of action could be approximately £250.
You’ll be treated by London’s number 1 private hospital group. We treat over 400,000 patients each year, which drives excellence and experience. Over the past ten years we have invested £500 million in the latest medication, treatments and technologies, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
You can be confident that we can look after all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer patients of all ages such an extensive range of treatments.
You won't have to wait. Your care starts when you want it to, and often we have same day or next day appointments available.
Your safety is protected. Not all private hospitals are the same. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our MRSA infection rates are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you want to go ahead with your treatment, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
Self-pay two-step process to treatment
1. Contact us to discuss your needs, including HCA payment options for HCA private hospital treatments and surgery. We can help you choose the best consultant or specialist for your condition.
2. You can then book an initial consultation directly with us at a time and hospital that suits your needs – this could cost approximately £250. We can also give you a competitive guide price at the time of booking for any follow-up treatments that may be needed. Same day and next day appointments are available.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments