HCA hospitals offer a comprehensive service to diagnose and treat patients with liver, biliary and pancreatic problems ranging from dyspepsia (heartburn) and growths to acute and chronic pancreatitis. Our extensive facilities allow us to provide highly specialised services, including cancer diagnosis and treatment, assessment and treatment of viral hepatitis, complex hepatobiliary surgery, pancreatic surgery, laparoscopic keyhole surgery, endoscopic and radiological procedures, and liver transplantation.
In addition, we also offer the FibroScan® technique, a painless, non-invasive alternative to liver biopsy for evaluating liver fibrosis.
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
When you have hepatobiliary treatment at one of our hospitals:
- we have the full range of state-of-the-art imaging services to support both surgery and hepatobiliary treatments
- we endeavour to ensure all surgery is performed by the laparascopic (keyhole) procedure where appropriate, as this is less invasive and can lead to a shorter recovery time
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. In the past decade we have invested £500 million on the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. While some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities, our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK in the event of an emergency. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments