HCA hospitals offer a wide range of examinations using X-ray or digital fluoroscopy as part of our diagnostic imaging services. Undertaken by our specialist consultants, a fluoroscopy allows examinations to be carried out in real time and is used for many different purposes, including investigations of the gastrointestinal tract, orthopaedic surgery and urological surgery.
A fluoroscopy means that your consultant can watch the examination as they are performing it, whilst the specialist equipment records the study so that it can be replayed as a later stage for more detailed analysis.
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
When you have a fluoroscopic examination at one of our hospitals:
- it will be performed in a dedicated fluoroscopy room using the latest imaging technology
- appointments are available within 24 hours, with many on the same day
- results are delivered in central London within 24 hours and many on the same day
- our investment in high-technology diagnostic imaging allows us to perform the most up-to-date techniques
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the very best treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. Over the last ten years we’ve invested £500 million in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments