HCA HEALTHCARE UK AWARDED HOSPITAL GROUP OF THE YEAR 2016
30 November 2016
HCA Healthcare UK’s Chief Financial Officer, Teresa Finch and Chief Executive of The Lister Hospital, Suzy Jones receive the Hospital Group of the Year 2016 Award from LaingBuisson
HCA HEALTHCARE UK AWARDED HOSPITAL GROUP OF THE YEAR 2016 HCA
Healthcare UK has been named the Private Hospital Group of the Year 2016 at the LaingBuisson annual healthcare awards in London.
LaingBuisson, industry leaders in healthcare market analysis, recognised HCA UK’s commitment to developing networks of facilities both in London and Manchester. These networks deliver the best possible medical care to patients at any point in their life, no matter what they need - from sports health, to GP services and screening, to elective procedures, to complex and urgent care.
HCA Healthcare UK CEO, Mike Neeb said;
“Developing networks of excellent hospitals and facilities is at the heart of our commitment to providing the depth, breadth and quality of care for our patients. I am proud that HCA Healthcare UK has been recognised by the LaingBuisson awards for our achievements in driving toward this aim.
“2016 has been a positive year with the consolidation of our brand and notable developments in The Shard and the Manchester Institute of Health and Performance and I look forward to a 2017 of continued development, growth and innovation.”
HCA UK’s key achievements in 2016 include;
- The launch of £30m outpatient and diagnostics centre at The Shard. The 70.000 square foot facility includes 78 consulting rooms plus 12 treatment rooms, with the ability to accommodate up to 600 patients a day, both self-paying and insured. The facility also features a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym, which includes an anti-gravity treadmill, gait trainer treadmill, watt bike and video motion analysis.
- The launch of Manchester Institute of Health and Performance, a unique partnership with Sport England, Manchester City Council and City Football Group brings together leaders from elite sports, grassroots community sport, world-class healthcare and local government to deliver cutting edge facilities to the local community.
- Continued investment in technology including MAKO and ROSA robots for ground-breaking orthopaedic and neurological surgeries.
- The launch of fixed price treatment on over 50 procedures across the network, giving patients peace of mind when it comes to exceptional care with transparent pricing.
- HCA UK held its inaugural Question of Quality conference, bringing together 140 delegates from independent sector providers, NHS partners, top clinicians, researchers and regulators to discuss safety and best practice in healthcare.
- Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK made presentations at the annual and highly regarded ESMO and ASCO conferences and we were designated an ESMO centre for integrated oncology.
- Our cancer services were recognised on the world stage, being named the ‘International Cancer Centre of the Year 2016’
- HCA UK was named Health Investor’s Hospital Group of the Year.