Lower back pain
Two out of three people will suffer from back pain at some point in their lives, and nearly all cases affect the lower back. You can often treat this at home by making small changes in your life, such as developing a better posture or doing more exercise, but some cases may require treatment. Our specialists can give you valuable help in assessing the cause of your problem and offering a solution, and our orthopaedic surgeons are experienced in providing targeted ways to reduce back pain.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive.
When you have treatment for lower back pain at one of our hospitals:
- you will be seen by a specialist experienced in diagnosing and treating lower back pain
- our orthopaedic surgeons employ the latest technology and have been providing lower back pain relief through various techniques and surgeries for many years
- we have a dedicated back pain clinic, where we can recommend various treatments, including epidural injections, spinal mobility exercises, acupuncture and TENS, as well as back surgery for the most serious cases
In terms of value for your money, we cannot be beaten. With us, you can be sure you’re getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you’ll experience a number of benefits:
You’ll have access to the country's finest consultants, working with the latest treatments and cutting-edge technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive. As a guide, an initial consultation to clarify your condition and discuss the best course of action could be approximately £250.
You’ll be treated by London’s number 1 private hospital group. We treat over 400,000 patients each year and this volume drives excellence and experience. Over the last ten years we’ve invested £500 million in treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available via smaller hospitals or on the NHS.
You can be confident that we can look after all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer patients of all ages such an extensive range of treatments.
You won’t have to wait. Your care starts as soon as you are ready, and often we have same day or next day appointments available.
Your safety is protected. Not all private hospitals are the same. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our MRSA infection rates are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
You’ll receive value for money. You cannot put a price on good health. While you may be able to find cheaper treatment elsewhere, you will not find a private hospital group that offers such a high level of expertise, with so many leading specialists in state-of-the-art hospitals.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you want to go ahead with your treatment, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
Self-pay two-step process to treatment
1. Contact us to discuss your needs, including HCA payment options for HCA private hospital treatments and surgery. We can help you choose the best consultant or specialist for your condition.
2. You can then book an initial consultation directly with us at a time and hospital that suits your needs – this could cost approximately £250. We can also give you a competitive guide price at the time of booking for any follow-up treatments that may be needed. Same day and next day appointments are available.