Twenty-four hour blood pressure monitoring
HCA hospitals offer a 24-hour blood pressure monitoring service to determine the most effective medication or to check whether current medication is having the desired effect on a patient. It is a safe, painless, non-invasive method of obtaining blood pressure recordings over a prolonged period and involves wearing a small cuff around the non-dominant arm, which is attached to a monitoring device. The device – about the size of an iPod - is worn on a belt, fastened around your waist. The cuff automatically inflates every 20 minutes throughout the day – hourly after 11pm – over a 24-hour period.
When you have 24-hour blood pressure monitoring at one of our hospitals:
- your measurements are downloaded within the cardiology department as soon as you return the monitor and sent to a referring doctor within 24 hours
- we have gained a worldwide reputation for excellence and innovation in the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of patients with all forms of heart conditions
- we have dedicated units of clinical physiologists who are trained to the highest standard in cardiological assessment
- we are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and a complete range of services for all cardiological conditions
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. We have invested £50 million in the latest treatments, technologies and medication over the last decade, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it immediately – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments