Hysteroscopic sterilisation is a minimally invasive and permanent birth control procedure performed by a consultant gynaecologist, during which small, flexible micro-inserts are placed into the fallopian tubes through the vagina.
Following the procedure, the body gradually forms a natural barrier around the micro-inserts that prevents sperm from reaching the egg. Three months after the procedure, a test is performed to confirm that the micro-inserts are placed correctly and that permanent birth control can be relied upon.
When you have hysteroscopic sterilisation at one of our hospitals:
- we have at our disposal the very latest diagnostic and imaging technology
- our nursing staff are specially trained and have together spent many years caring for women of all ages
- you can be confident that, should you require critical care, our hospitals have dedicated emergency obstetric theatres with expert gynaecologists on hand at all times
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience and means we have the funds to invest - £500 million in the last decade - in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – rarely do we have to transfer patients to another hospital. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in case of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments