A prostatectomy is the removal of all or part of the prostate gland. The enlargement of the prostate is most commonly caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), but may also be the result of abnormalities such as a tumour, making it difficult to pass urine.
At HCA we offer the latest surgical procedures for prostatectomy, including laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, a minimally invasive operation using ‘intuitive’ robotic keyhole surgery.
When you have a prostatectomy at one of our hospitals:
- your surgery will be conducted in a dedicated urology department by an experienced prostatectomy specialist
- you’ll benefit from the latest, minimally invasive technological surgical advances, including the Da Vinci Robot, used for performing laparoscopic radical prostatectomies, the gold standard in prostate surgery
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. During the last decade we have invested £500 million in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Some private hospitals have no on-site critical care facilities in case of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments