HCA hospitals offer nephrology – otherwise known as renal medicine – to treat and manage all forms of kidney disease. Our multi-disciplinary teams include renal physicians (nephrologists), urologists, dialysis nurses and renal transplant and access surgeons, who treat disorders of the kidney.
Our teams also include interventional radiologists, who have expertise in the placement of dialysis catheters, renal biopsies, renal angiography and the management of renal artery stenosis with balloon angioplasties and stenting.
When you use the renal medicine services at one of our hospitals:
- you will have access to the latest treatments and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure you receive the best care possible within a relaxed and friendly environment
- we have a dedicated dialysis unit at the London Bridge Hospital
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. You will also have access to the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals, thanks to our £500 million investment in the last 10 years.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it immediately – rarely do we have to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments