Laparoscopy for gynaecological investigation
HCA hospitals offer a gynaecological laparoscopy to investigate a number of conditions, including endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, pelvic adhesions, ectopic pregnancies and ovarian cysts, and to examine the fallopian tubes, ovaries and womb if you are having problems getting pregnant.
This minimally invasive form of keyhole surgery involves passing a tiny camera through a single, very small incision in the belly button to examine the pelvis region.
Surgery usually takes place under general anaesthetic and lasts around 30-90 minutes. Patients are normally free to return home on the same day as their treatment and will have no or very little visible scarring once healed.
If you have a laparoscopy for gynaecological investigation at an HCA hospital:
- we offer the most comprehensive diagnostic and imaging services in the UK private sector, equipped with the very latest facilities
- your recovery will be quicker and less painful than some more invasive types of surgery offered by other hospitals
- we have a number of surgeons who specialise in the SILS (scarless surgery) technique, which can be used for gynaecological laparoscopies
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience and, consequently, it has enabled us to invest £500 million in the last decade on the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4344 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments