Knee ligament surgery
Most knee surgery involves the repair of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) – a tough band of tissue that supports your knee joint and joins the thighbone to the shinbone.
Reconstruction of the torn ACL in knee ligament surgery is performed through small cuts in your knee using arthroscopy (keyhole surgery). Graft tendon tissue from elsewhere in the body, often the kneecap or hamstring tendons, is placed over the torn ACL and, using screws or staples, attached to the thighbone and shinbone.
Your operation takes up to one and a half hours, is performed under a general anaesthetic and may require you to stay overnight in hospital.
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive.
When you have knee surgery at one of our hospitals:
- your procedure will take place in a highly specialised knee surgery unit, staffed by consultant orthopaedic surgeons experienced in the field of knee surgery
- you’ll have access to the latest technologies for knee assessment and rehabilitation, including the Cybex 6000 computerised knee rehabilitation system and KT2000 arthrometer
- you’ll benefit from our unparalleled post-operative care service
In terms of value for your money, we cannot be beaten. With us you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
You’ll be treated by the country’s finest consultants, working with leading treatments and state-of-the-art technologies in superior facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
You don’t need medical insurance to receive treatment at one of our hospitals. Treatment from a leading specialist using the very latest technologies is more affordable than you may have thought, and our prices are very competitive. As a guide, an initial consultation to clarify your condition and discuss the best course of action could be approximately £250.
You’ll be treated by London’s number 1 private hospital group. We treat over 400,000 patients each year, driving experience and excellence. Over the last ten years we’ve invested £500 million in the latest medication and cutting-edge treatments, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller hospital groups.
You can be confident that we can look after all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer patients of all ages such an extensive range of treatments.
You won't have to wait. Your care starts when you're ready, and often we have same day or next day appointments available.
Your safety is protected. Not all private hospitals are the same. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our MRSA infection rates are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you want to go ahead with your treatment, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
Self-pay two-step process to treatment
1. Contact us to discuss your needs, including HCA payment options for HCA private hospital treatments and surgery. We can help you choose the best consultant or specialist for your condition.
2. You can then book an initial consultation directly with us at a time and hospital that suits your needs – this could cost approximately £250. We can also give you a competitive guide price at the time of booking for any follow-up treatments that may be needed. Same day and next day appointments are available.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments