Haematology is concerned with all aspects of blood formation and the diseases that occur when the process breaks down. HCA hospitals offer rapid blood testing and a range of leading-edge haematology services, including bone marrow and stem cell transplantation.
Our hospitals are well equipped to deal with any blood-related problems: deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and testing for thrombophilia, as well as the assessment of potential bleeding problems that may complicate surgery and haematological cancers.
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
When you use the haemotology services at one of our hospitals:
- if your consultant has requested you have a blood test as part of diagnosis or treatment, we will process your blood sample quickly and report back to your consultant, often within hours of having the test
- new haematology patients can usually be seen within 48 hours
- we have a policy of minimal use of transfusion. All measures to reduce the need for transfused blood are employed wherever possible, including thromboelastograph (TEG) assessment in theatres to identify rapidly the exact cause of bleeding
- unlike many private sector hospitals, we have on-site consultant haematologists with 24-hour on-call provision
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. In the past decade we have invested £500 million in the latest technologies, treatments and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. While some private hospitals have no on-site critical care facilities, in the event of an emergency our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments