HCA hospitals regularly perform dental radiographs – more commonly referred to as X-rays – as part of their diagnostic imaging services to identify dental structures, bone loss, malignant or benign masses, decay and cavities. The process is very quick, completely painless and the radiation dosage is relatively small – the equivalent of several days’ worth of environmental radiation exposure.
When you have dental radiology at one of our hospitals:
- our investment in high-technology diagnostic imaging equipment allows us to perform the most up-to-date techniques
- appointments are available within 24 hours and many on the same day
- our radiologists work in leading NHS teaching hospitals and are at the forefront of their professional field
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. Our £500 million investment in the past 10 years enables us to offer the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or at smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have emergency on-site critical care facilities. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds than any other private healthcare group in the UK – 24 hours a day. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly. It’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments