HCA provides extensive options for colorectal surgery. We use a variety of procedures to repair damage to the colon, rectum, anus and pelvic floor caused by diseases of the lower digestive tract, such as cancer, diverticulitis and inflammatory bowel disease, and also offer minimally invasive outpatient alternatives using our endoscopy and colonoscopy facilities.
Our specialist colorectal surgical procedures include haemorrhoidectomy, surgery for Crohn's disease and colorectal cancer surgery.
When you have colorectal surgery at one of our hospitals:
- We have one of the largest, fully integrated gastrointestinal (GI) facilities in the independent sector and are able to treat the whole range of colorectal conditions
- Our team of senior consultants, many of whom are at the peak of their profession, include distinguished surgeons who specialise in colorectal procedures
- We use a multi-disciplinary approach, bringing together the combined experience of consultants specialising in lower gastrointestinal conditions with specialists in endoscopy
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. Over the last ten years we’ve invested £500 million in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments