Cochlear implant surgery is a unique way of giving severe and profoundly deaf patients the chance to hear. HCA hospitals offer a cochlear implant programme for adults and children, which has had considerable success in recent years.
The implant bypasses a faulty hearing organ by electrically stimulating the auditory nerve. The nerve impulse is then transmitted to the brain, and hearing is restored. Cochlear implants are not the solution to every hearing problem, but they can drastically improve the quality of life for many people with hearing impairment.
If you have cochlear implants at one of our hospitals:
- your cochlear implant surgery will be performed by a specialist surgeon experienced in this new, state-of-the-art treatment
- we have the expertise to assess patients for whom English is not their first language, atypical cochlear implant candidates and children who have lost their language development skills, or never developed them due to deafness
- we can also supplement the benefits of a cochlear implant by using a new technique called electrical acoustic stimulation, which improves frequency range, helping people discern speech and music more clearly
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. We can offer the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals, thanks to our £500 million investment in the past decade.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments