Chemotherapy involves using anti-cancer drugs to help control or prevent the growth of cancerous tumours. The hospitals in our HCA CancerCare network have facilities for outpatient chemotherapy for patients of any age, with any type of cancer.
Chemotherapy is often used alongside other treatments, such as surgery or radiotherapy, which are designed to achieve local control of the cancer.
If you have chemotherapy at one of our hospitals:
- we have partnered with Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) to work with our highly trained staff to deliver the best possible standards of care across our chemotherapy facilities
- patients receive their treatment in a calm, comfortable and supportive environment
- nursing staff support patients in managing the emotional, physical and psychological effects of their illness
- our philosophy is to care for the whole person and ensure patients receive optimum support, including a pre-treatment visit and, if required, follow-up telephone advice or nurse reviews
- our staff link with GPs, community nurses and palliative care teams to offer community support according to patients’ individual needs
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. We have invested £500 million in the past 10 years in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds around the clock than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments