HCA hospitals offer a comprehensive and highly specialised range of cardiac treatments, providing patients with access to the latest diagnostics, treatments and surgical techniques including leading edge Dual Slice PET Scanners for diagnosis and state-of-the-art catheter laboratories. We can provide care for many heart conditions, including treatment for heart attack and treatment for heart disease. Each of our units is led by a team of cardiologists, most of whom also hold senior NHS posts in London. We also specialise in heart surgery for children and babies and are involved in numerous clinical research programmes.
The best possible cardiac care
When you use the cardiac services at one of our hospitals you will get the best possible care – three of our hospitals have been accredited as ‘Cardiac Centres of Excellence’. You will also have the confidence that you are being treated at one of the only private hospitals in London with comprehensive intensive care facilities, with among the highest cardiac survival rates in the UK.
We are the only private hospitals with our performance figures listed in the Healthcare Commission’s new public portal for cardiac surgery survival rates. The figures show that we are in the highest tier of outcomes, despite our complex case mix of high-risk patients.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
The best available cardiac treatment
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment when you use one of our cardiac services. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits.
- You will have access to cardiologists who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. We have spent £500 million in the past decade investing in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- You will not have to wait. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Our cardiologists have access to more critical care beds than any other private healthcare group in the UK, 24 hours a day. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments