Breast Care Surgery
At HCA hospitals we offer breast surgery for both medical and cosmetic purposes. Patients may need to undergo surgery for cancer, or as a result of the shoulder and back pain caused by large and heavy breasts. Alternatively, they may opt for augmentation to improve their body image.
Surgery is one of the treatment options for breast cancer, and patients play an active role in selecting the appropriate surgical treatment with their specialist. HCA hospitals perform mastectomies (removal of the whole breast) and, more commonly, lumpectomies (removal of the cancer lump alone), as well as removal of the lymph glands if the cancer is invasive. We also perform breast reconstructions following mastectomies using the least invasive techniques – this can be done at the same time, or at a later date as a separate procedure.
Breast augmentation or reduction for one or both breasts is a common surgical or cosmetic procedure. Breast reduction is popular with women, but may also be performed on men.
When you have breast surgery at one of our hospitals:
- we pioneer the latest proven treatments
- your surgeon will be a breast surgery specialist, supported by highly trained clinical staff
- our surgical services are supported by our intensive care units, combining the highest quality of critical care nursing
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best available treatment. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. During the past decade we have invested £500 million in the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments