Brain and Spine
HCA was the first private hospital group to establish a comprehensive, self-contained neurosurgical unit. It is now widely regarded as the country’s leading private brain and spine surgery unit, staffed by leading neurosurgeons expert in diagnosing and treating the full range of adult neurosurgical disorders. These include tumours of the brain, cranial nerves, spinal cord and spinal column; degenerative disease of the spine; vascular conditions such as cerebral aneurysms and arteriovascular malformations; traumatic damage to the brain, cranium and spine; and conditions involving the peripheral nerves, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and trigeminal neuralgia.
When you have brain or spine surgery at one of our hospitals:
- the extensive range of facilities and expertise enable a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment
- when surgery is the most or only appropriate treatment, your consultant can arrange for the operation to be performed without delay or, for less acute cases, at a mutually convenient time
- one of Britain’s leading neurosurgeons will perform your surgery, all of whom are on the staff of nearby teaching and postgraduate hospitals
- your anaesthetic services will be provided by an experienced specialist neuroanaesthetist
- 24-hour cover is provided by a resident medical officer as well as an on-call neurosurgical registrar and an intensive care specialist, and at least one consultant neurosurgeon is available at all times
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience. We have invested £500 million on the past 10 years on the latest treatments, technologies and medication, many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments