The XVIII programme
The most sophisticated, flexible and relevant health assessment available today
xviii - The Centre for Advanced Screening where people interested in accessing and undergoing the most sophisticated and detailed tests and health screening is available at 18 Devonshire Street, in the heart of London's premier medical district.
The brainchild of fifteen of the world's leading doctors, the XVIII programme targets the six of the biggest killer diseases of modern times: bowel cancer, breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, lung cancer, pelvic cancers and prostate cancer. Early detection of these conditions can save lives.
xviii goes beyond traditional well man and well women tests by combining a thorough assessment of an individual's risk factors with the very latest diagnostic technology, all of which exists under the same roof. The programme is intended to guide very time-pressured or concerned men and women towards a personal programme of lifetime management of their risk of future disease.
Apart from conventional and state of the art scanning investigations, xviii uses a number of innovative tests. For example, cardiac disease is still the UK's biggest killer and the centre carries out the newly developed online calculator of cardiovascular risk - "Heart Age" - faced by individuals.
All tests with abnormal results are interpreted by world renowned specialists who themselves are driving change and innovation and thereby enhancing the reputation of London as a world class centre of medical excellence.
The xviii team of distinguished consultants and physicians include:
- Clinical Chair: Professor Roger Kirby - a pioneer in new treatments for prostate cancer and other urological conditions. Professor Kirby is Founder and Medical Director of The Prostate Centre, London and former Head of Urology and Co-Director of Postgraduate Medical Education at St George’s Hospital, London.
- Dr Syed Babar – Consultant Radiologist specialising in gynaecological MRI at Hammersmith Imperial Health Trust.
- Professor John Betterridge – Consultant Endocrinologist, Dean of the Royal College of Medicine and Emeritus Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolism at University College London.
- Dr David Burling – Consultant Gastrointestinal Radiologist, Chair of the National Co-ordinating Group for Quality Assurance of CT Colonoscopy.
- Professor John Deanfield – Consultant Cardiologist, Professor of Cardiology (British Heart Foundation) University College Hospital London and Director, National Centre for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Outcome.
- Dr Paul Ettlinger – General Practitioner and Screening Specialist and founder of The London General Practice.
- Mr Alan Farthing – Consultant Gynaecologist, Surgeon and Oncologist, the West London Gynaecological Cancer Centre, Queen Charlotte’s Hospital.
- Dr Peter Harper –Consultant Medical Oncologist and Director and Founder of Leaders in Oncology Care, London and Manchester.
- Dr Anna Herrey – Consultant Cardiologist, The Heart Hospital, University College Hospital and The Royal Free Hospital.
- Professor Sam Janes – Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, University College Hospitals NHS Trust, Director of London Lung Cancer Pathway Board and Vice-Chair of the National Clinical Reference Group.
- Professor Mike Kirby – Primary Care Physician, Visiting Professor to the University of Hertfordshire and Editor, The Primary Care Cardiovascular Journal.
- Miss Fiona MacNeill – Consultant Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London, Vice President, Association of Breast Surgery and Examiner, European Breast Surgery Board.
- Dr Uday Patel – Consultant Radiologist and Specialist in Uro-radiology and Advanced Imaging, St George’s Hospital and Medical School, London, member of The Prostate Cancer Advisory Group and Head of Radiology The Prostate Centre, London.
- Dr Nick Perry – Consultant Radiologist, Clinical Director The London Breast Institute and Chair of the European Reference Organisation for Quality Assured Breast Screening and Diagnostic Services.
- Dr Francesca Pugliese – Consultant Radiologist and Senior Clinical Lecturer, Centre of Advanced Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit, St Bartholomew’s Hospital London and Executive Committee Member of the British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging and Specialist Committee Member of the NICE Diagnostic Assessment Programme.
And together with Dr Paul Ettlinger and the GPs at The London General Practice - Dr Amarjit Raindi, Dr Catrin Bevan, Dr Angela Rai, Dr Stuart Sanders, Dr Sam Bennett and Dr Justine Morris who offer the initial assessment this forms the powerful team behind xviii.
For further information please visit www.xviii.co.uk or call 020 7299 0014 for an informal conversation.