Our Quality Promise
We are dedicated to providing you with the highest-level care and this is why we are transparent about reporting our quality data and treatment outcomes.
The report below explains how we ensure that you receive the best possible care at our hospitals and clinics.
- Our survey of over 11,500 patients revealed that 98.1% would recommend us to family and friends.
- We are the only private hospital group with the highest level (Level 3) intensive care units in every hospital.
- It’s rare that a patient will need to be taken to another hospital outside of our network because we specialise in complex and acute medical conditions.
- We have a very low rate of patients who need to return to the operating theatre unplanned compared to the national average.
- In 2012 all of our hospitals achieved 100% compliance with all inspected standards by the regulator, the Care Quality Commission.
- We are still the only private hospital group in the UK to have our hospitals independently quality accredited at the same time.
- Our cancer network is the first to be awarded CHKS Oncology standards accreditation and to achieve the renowned ISO international quality standard.
- We are the only private hospital group with an international quality-accredited Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, in partnership with the NHS.
- Most of our cancer patients choose to have their surgery eight days after they have been referred.
- Our average survival rate over five years for early treatment of breast cancer is 9% higher than the average in England.
- 99% of our patients with breast cancer in 2012 had clear margins (tissue surrounding the tumour was free of any cancer cells) at their final operation.
- Our patients have better cardiac survival rates compared to the average in the UK.
- We outperform national benchmarks for patient recorded outcome measures following orthopaedic surgery.
- Our patients have fewer surgical infections compared to the national average.
- It’s very rare for our patients to contract MRSA.
- Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit was awarded the highest international quality accreditation.
- For women under 38, The Lister Fertility Clinic at The Lister Hospital achieves live birth rates above the national average.
- We have received more awards and nominations than any other private hospital group.